- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Sleeeeeeeeep. Need sleeeeeeeeeep.
2. A donation to the Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association, this is the organization that I volunteer for and where I got Cleo; OR a donation to your local animal shelter/SPCA. Any amount or if you prefer to donate food/toys that's fine as well, you don't have to say it's in my name or anything like that.
3. If you have the means and really want to, go adopt a pet in need of a new forever home. Make a pet happy for the holidays.
4. Anything and everything from my Amazon wish list.
5. A dinosaur, preferably a fuzzy one.
6. Michael Fassbender under my tree.
7. James McAvoy under my tree.
8. RDJ under my tree.
9. A vacation to some place awesome with all my friends.
10. For my friends and family to be happy and healthy for another year.
If you want my home address PM me or comment asking for it. Also if you have a list like this, comment and link me to it and maybe I'd be able to grant you one of the wishes. I have absolutely 0 spare cash to spend on anyone this year, so I can't send out Christmas cards again, but if you want to leave me your email address (or PM me) I'd be more than willing to send you an e-card.